Childhood Cancer Talk Radio promotes Awareness of this very real and prevalent affliction, providing a forum for conversation and advocacy in a growing community of affected families, de-mystification of the experience with personal stories, information and resources. Let us be your voice. We aim to help people connect and support one another, and be a voice for prioritizing our children in cancer research.
Welcome to Childhood Cancer Talk Radio powered by Jack’s Angels Foundation where we talk about real experiences, advocacy news, developments in research, and today’s heroes for kids!
Our primary purpose is to provide a powerful voice of hope in the advocacy/activist movement for our children with cancer, and to encourage more conversation in the world at large about prioritizing our children afflicted with cancer in our medical research system. Currently, only 4% of our National Cancer Institute budget for research targets pediatric research specifically, while cancer is the leading cause of disease-related death in children in the United States. Our system is driven primarily for short-term investment profits rather than the long-term gains in creating new industry and jobs that scientific breakthroughs, and in this case a cure, would typically bring.
We focus on what actions are being taken currently, by parents, advocates and activists, and our representative voices in Government on the behalf of children to prioritize them in our system. Our workers in the science and tech world devoted to helping create a more responsive system are welcome to share their news and innovations to greater public awareness and application. And of course, we invite our scientists on the front lines of research and clinical work to share their developments, new directions, and hope.
We work for the day when no parent hears there’s no solution for their child because, “the numbers aren’t great enough for investors.”
- Portrait of a Mom: Quality of Life and Neuroblastoma, with Sarah Brewer
- H.Res.69: Crucial Awareness Supports Greater Research from the Tragic Example of DIPG
- Presenting: ENDURE, with Jay Korff
- Kids First 2.0 with Ellyn Miller
- A Pioneering Journey, with Emma Wrenn
- Real Solutions for Research Funding: NC3 Leads in Pennsylvania
- Outside the Box: Solutions for Kids with Target Pediatric AML
- Tamlin Hall's Journey with BPDCN, Queensland, AUS
- "My Dog Named Hope" Comforts Children and Supports Research
- 'Champion of Change in Precision Medicine' Amanda Haddock, President of DragonMaster Foundation
- A Jog Around the Block for Brian Jones Becomes a National Sensation
- American Childhood Cancer Organization, CEO Ruth Hoffman
- Annette and the Carson Leslie Foundation Host the Golden Toast
- Go4TheGoal and the Historic Golden Steps for Pediatric Cancer
- The Triumph of Team Ellie
- Nicole Vathy and "Baby" Shawn face DIPG with the Golden Niagara Falls of September
- More Life and Love to Remaining Days
- Swifty Foundation: Cure Pediatric Brain Cancer
- BPDCN Update with Caitlin and Kelly Lee
- With Love and Hope from Mexico