Childhood Cancer Talk Radio promotes Awareness of this very real and prevalent affliction, providing a forum for conversation and advocacy in a growing community of affected families, de-mystification of the experience with personal stories, information and resources. Let us be your voice. We aim to help people connect and support one another, and be a voice for prioritizing our children in cancer research.
Welcome to Childhood Cancer Talk Radio powered by Jack’s Angels Foundation where we talk about real experiences, advocacy news, developments in research, and today’s heroes for kids!
Our primary purpose is to provide a powerful voice of hope in the advocacy/activist movement for our children with cancer, and to encourage more conversation in the world at large about prioritizing our children afflicted with cancer in our medical research system. Currently, only 4% of our National Cancer Institute budget for research targets pediatric research specifically, while cancer is the leading cause of disease-related death in children in the United States. Our system is driven primarily for short-term investment profits rather than the long-term gains in creating new industry and jobs that scientific breakthroughs, and in this case a cure, would typically bring.
We focus on what actions are being taken currently, by parents, advocates and activists, and our representative voices in Government on the behalf of children to prioritize them in our system. Our workers in the science and tech world devoted to helping create a more responsive system are welcome to share their news and innovations to greater public awareness and application. And of course, we invite our scientists on the front lines of research and clinical work to share their developments, new directions, and hope.
We work for the day when no parent hears there’s no solution for their child because, “the numbers aren’t great enough for investors.”
- Advocacy, Research, and TNCI with Beth Anne Baber
- America's Foremost Runner-Advocates for Children with Cancer
- CannaKids with Tracy Ryan
- Roy's Run for Christopher
- Hope for Osteosarcoma Research: #BecauseofDaniel
- Trailblazing to a Cure: DIPG-Treatment Advisory Council (G-TAC)
- K.I.D.S. Campaign with Christine Hanlon
- Mom in the Midst
- Batten Juvenile Disease CLN3, a Genetic Nightmare
- Roy Wiegand: Going the Extra Mile for Kids
- Childhood Cancer Talk Radio 03-30-2017
- National Cancer Institute's Office of Advocacy Relations: A Conversation with Patrick Mahoney
- B.E.L.A.C. Foundation, Caleb Williams Legacy
- Vesselon: Addressing the Challenges of Brain Cancer with Non-Invasive Technology
- "Talking Advocacy" with Danielle Leach
- NC3: Legislative Advocacy at the State and Municipal Level
- BethAnn Telford: Around the World in 7 Days for Brain Cancer
- Khaleel's Leukemia Journey
- MaxCure and the Run for the Whitehouse
- DIPG Across the Map